Having your home remodeled is a significant investment of time and money. You want to enjoy the finished project and realize its added value when it comes time to sell your house. One of the best ways to minimize stress and avoid mistakes caused by lack of communication is to ask your potential remodelers some relevant questions. Asking questions of your remodeling contractors in Westmoreland County, PA, is part of the preparation work you need to do before you start this pricey and exciting project. The more questions you ask, the more likely you are to keep your contractors engaged and careful.
As you are researching which remodeling contractors to hire, you want to level the playing field by asking everyone the same questions. Following are some of the most important questions to have answered by your remodeling contractors:
- How long have you been in the home remodeling business?
- Do you have a license for contracting?
- Do you have a copy of your certificate of insurance?
- Do you plan to obtain the required permits and set up any inspections?
- Do you have a line-by-line completion time for my project?
- Will I have a payment schedule?
- Will the same team work on my job from day to day?
- What hour do you start the day’s work and what time do you finish?
- Can you tell me ahead of time about the level of noise?
Home improvement projects are notoriously unpredictable and plagued with problems, which is why you want to set yours up to have the maximum amount of success.